Durkan Logo
Our Homes What We Do About Us Contact Ways to Buy
Our Homes What We Do About Us Contact Ways to Buy

Deposit Unlock – Step inside your new home with a 5% deposit

Managing to save a big deposit can be really tricky. That’s where new build incentives and schemes such as Deposit Unlock can help people out. It’s a low deposit mortgage designed to give more people the opportunity to buy their own home.

The new Deposit Unlock scheme will allow first-time buyers and existing homeowners to purchase newbuild homes with just a 5% deposit. This removes the struggle of having to save up for a large deposit.

Deposit Unlock is only available with selected housebuilders, and Durkan Homes is proud to be one of them.

If you think it could make a difference for you, then now is the time to act! Contact us and we’ll help you make the move to a brand new home.   At Durkan Homes, we offer Deposit Unlock at all of our developments, including our homes in Cambridgeshire at Wintringham, St Neots, in Hertford at Granary and Chapel and Hatfield East in Hatfield. There’s a home for everyone and we’re proud to build homes for our communities.


What do I need to know?

Deposit Unlock can get first-time buyers onto the property ladder and home movers into their forever home.

  • You only need a 5% deposit and a normal 95% mortgage.
  • Available to both first-time buyers and home movers, and open to all ages
  • You benefit from an insurance-backed guarantee, allowing you to access competitive mortgages rates.
  • Available on new-build properties up to the price of £833,250* with no regional price cap restrictions.
  • You own 100% of the property.
  • Available with UK’s leading house builders – that means us!
  • The scheme is available now.

How does Deposit Unlock work?

Under this new scheme, you will only need a 5% deposit to secure the property, leaving you with a 95% mortgage. For example, if you were buying a home for £300,000, you would only need a deposit of £15,000.

You would still own 100% of the property, and the scheme is available on new build properties up to £833,250.

Who runs the scheme?

Deposit Unlock has been devised by the housebuilding industry in collaboration with mortgage lenders to make buying your first home, or your next home, more affordable.

It is currently available with participating bank lenders including Nationwide Building Society, Accord Mortgages and Newcastle Building Society.** 

Is now the right time to move?

For savvy buyers, now is still a great time to get a foot on the housing ladder or make your move to your forever home. Market fluctuations and pressures are inevitable, but they don’t change the fact that we all need a place to call our own.

There are other important advantages too, in terms of investing your money in something you’ll own and can personalise to your taste.

Deposit Unlock makes your decision to move that little bit easier. And we’re here to help.


Deposit unlock with Durkan Homes

Get in Touch